The Blog Has Moved !

Sunday, May 31, 2009

"Star Quest 09" Annual Astronomy Quiz 2nd stage to be held today, updated | IYA 2009

Star Quest 09 Annual Astronomy Quiz 2nd stage to be held today, updated | IYA 2009
Hello everyone!

The second stage of the "Star Quest 09" islandwide Annual Astronomy Quiz Competition will start in a short while today (31st May) at 11.00 am, local time, Colombo, Sri Lanka ( 01:30h EDT) at the V.K. Samaranayake Auditorium, University of Colombo. I, as the blogger of IYA 2009 - Astronomy Sri Lanka, is attending the event to give you precise updates on what is going on there. There are 3 rounds supposed to be held today, featuring the Quarter Finals, Semi Finals, Grand Finals and a lot of competent students, qualified for the 2nd Stage, are expected to attend.

By the way, I'm hoping to do a live feed as the quiz is in progress, if possible, in order to make the worldwide community aware of the event. I must hurry now, as I will miss the start if I got later . A good shower, catch a bus and off to the University of Colombo are what I all need to do at the moment. I'll update you as soon as possible of this great IYA 2009 endeavor.

Cheers for all the competing teams !

See you in a while,
signing off
Desh

1 Comments:

Cool website and don't worry you will get more comments!! :-)