The Blog Has Moved !

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fiami Sent me a Christmas Gift for IYA2009 : The Lives of Galileo

This was the most amazing bit of highlight that I've got at the moment. It is all about Fiami and his generosity. Yep, he send me a hard copy of his book "Lives of Galileo". I received the English version during this Christmas week, and I was very delighted to have received it. I'm sure I'll never ever forget this in my life. I've also attached the images of the book and you can browse them here. Credit should go to my Uni friend Lakitha for photos.

I have been trying to get this amazing science, astronomy much popularized among all. Therefore I believe Fiami's this exceptional service should be highly valued and appraised, for Fiami, himself has devoted to the course of popularization of astronomy by publishing a book, which depicts the world history and he takes the reader on a tour to different parts of human history with Galileo.
fiami, iya2009, lives, galileo, galilei

Galileo Galilei, whom after the IYA2009 has most been talked about, is significantly brought closer to general public by Fiami. Fiami gretely contributed to IYA2009 with his comic book "The Lives Of Galileo" and his comic book was translated to over 10 languages worldwide, thus boosting the meaning and theme of IYA2009,:- Discovering the universe yourself !!

fiami, iya2009, lives, galileo, galilei

In addition I take this opportunity to thank and congratulate Fiami for the service he's rendered to everybody !!

You can also browse for detailed stuff for Fiami's site Fiami.ch

5 Comments:

Oh, Desh!!! It's wounderful!! :-)

Fiami will appreciate it very much!
You are great! Thank you!!!
Sabrina

Thanks Sabrina !!

It's you who made this collaboration !!

Therefore I don't know how to thank you enough !!
I've send the link to Fiami as well, I'm so much glad about him,

He has even painted a special comic page for me at the end pages of the book. It's so remarkable !!I'll post that image too when I get the camera !!

Cheers !!

Really?
Fiami is fantastic! The first time I wrote him for the translation into Italian of his comic, he sent me greetings from Galileo after reading (in my eamil) my passion for the comics! It was so cool!
Fiami is a very professional man, he has the sense of humour as well as that of responsibility.
I wish you could translate it. I hope your dream will come true. In 2010.
Thank you for sharing this beautiful epoch with me!

Cheers, Sabrina

Desh, I wrote about our collaboration in my PhD Thesis. I am really happy for that!

http://tuttidentro.wordpress.com/2009/12/30/anno-nuovo-testata-nuova/#comment-1163
Here my comment on TuttiDentro Blog about your fantastic banner! I love to share that with you!

Thank you so much!
Sabrina

Yes Sabrina, Fiami is such a great guy !!
I really liked his direct approach and manners throughout our correspondence !!

I'd like to meet Fiami one day , as it sounds too great, Moreover I'd be able to meet you as well, if I make a visit to Italy or somewhere close by.

And for the translation, I'll have to pay a huge sum of money for the copyrights to be transferred. Therefore I had to give up the aim of translating the comics to my native language, Sinhalese.

May your all the dreams be realities in 2010, I'm sure you'' make them though !!

Well you PhD thesis, Wow !!
Sounds great honor !!

I'd like to have a look at it when possible.
Thanks again for the share !! I really adored it !!

Merci beaucoup !!